- Click on any sub-specialty below to see which fellowship programs are CAST Accredited.
- Skull Base (NEW 2021)
- Neurosurgery of the Spine
- Neurocritical Care
- CNS- Endovascular surgery
- Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery
- Neurosurgical Oncology
- Neurosurgery of the Peripheral Nerve
- Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery
Applications can be worked on at any time throughout the year. CAST will continue to review applications twice yearly; once in the spring and again the fall.
In order for an application to be reviewed this spring, a complete application must be submitted by March 31, 2021.
In order for an application to be reviewed in the fall, a complete application must be submitted by September 30, 2021.
As of 9/1/2019, The ABNS is responsible for managing subspecialty certification now referred to as Recognition of Focused Practice (RFP). There are currently three ABMS approved RFPs: 1) Pediatric Neurological Surgery, 2) Neurocritical Care and 3) CNS Neuroendovascular surgery.